Village Child, Runner, French fries and media
I love to create beautiful and functional interfaces since over ten years in profession.
I was born 25 years ago in the country, in a small village with 300 inhabitants. My parents realized early on that I was clever with computers. Since then I am the media type from the country, who, despite the allegedly bad internet, has been creating pretty digital platforms for over nine years.
I used to start with Photoshop. Just creating pretty pictures was not enough for me, I wanted something clickable. So it happened that I built my first website at the age of 16. I decided to let this passion flow into my profession and deepened this in my education as a media designer.
During my training, I was given the confidence to work independently for major brands right from the start. I designed landing pages for Sennheiser, animated campaign pages for Rossmann and the CSS architecture for the Hannover Zoo. Through this early responsibility I have already gained a lot of experience.
However, the normal everyday working life was not enough for me. So I started a business at the age of 17 and since then I have been looking after my own customers. There I was able to celebrate personal successes and advise customers such as Deutsche Telekom, Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe, smartsteuer etc. and build great digital platforms together with them.
I don't know any rigid working hours. I work until the project is ready for the deadline. Having made my hobby my vocation, I go beyond my limits for the best result.
When I start something, it is with passion and verve.
Frontend Designer, Self-employed
January 2011 - today, Kamen (Dortmund)
- Interaction design of websites, landing pages and interfaces
- Consulting for new digital products and relaunches
- Creation of scalable CSS architectures
- Development of component libraries
Founder & Allrounder, DorfstattStadt
January 2015 - Today, Kamen (Dortmund)
- Creation of digital content
- Writing editorial texts
- Organization and realization of photo shootings and video shootings
- Social Media Campagnes
- Development of products and a shop
Webdesigner, Landwirtschaftsverlag GmbH
November 2017 - January 2019, Münster
- Holistic workflow introduced with the Atomic design
- Responsible for the interaction design of the relaunch topagrar.com
- Relaunch of the company website lvdigital.de
- Relaunch of the rimondo.com platform
- Training courses on front-end standards conducted
Webdesigner, smartsteuer GmbH
February 2015 - October 2017, Hanover
- Creation of User Flows
- Relaunch of the smartsteuer user interface
- Introduction of a component library (Pattern Lab)
- Visual design and technical implementation of landing pages
Frontend-Entwickler, Neoskop GmbH
February 2014 - December 2014, Hanover
- Development of campaign pages with CSS animations for Rossmann
- Technical implementation of the relaunch of Hannover Zoo & BLG Logistics
- Technical implementation of the landing pages for Sennheiser
Principles: Life and Work
My absolute favourite book when it comes to personality development.
100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter)
Important psychological aspects of how people tick and how they can take advantage of this as designers.
Lean UX and Design Thinking: Team-based development of human-centric products
The book is very well presented and shows from practice how to develop digital platforms.
How to Win Friends and Influence People
This book helps you to understand different people better.